Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 2 of 21 (Cardio On Empty Stomach)

Happy Valentines Day!

The Workout-
Today was cardio day. If you think crossfit puts your through a wringer, try running empty stomach for 45 minutes. Whats worse is doing this workout a day after crossfit, when you feel the soreness the most :-)

Anyways, woke up @ 7.20, got ready, grabbed my water bottle and ran down to the gym for a 45 min jog on the treadmill @ 5.2 mph. First 10 minutes were tough and boring. Pulled out my handy phone, set it to my fav Iron Maiden playlist and started cranking it up each time I lost focus. Before I knew it, I was 45 minutes deep, 3.7 miles in and ready to call it a wrap. Yay!

If you're wondering why run empty stomach. Its been proven, if you do cardio empty stomach first thing in the morning, your body uses fat as its primary source of energy. I recommend taking some BCAA to prevent the body from going catabolic. I took a scoop of scivation xtend. The reviews are not encouraging, but I wanted to try it, see if it helped.

The Meals
9am - 1 scoop whey with whater
9.30am - 2 egg omelette with banana.
lunch - chicken curry with brown rice.
Dinner - sauteed veggies with chicken. I picked up the colonel kababs from the local halal store which is a decent substitute




No comments:

Post a Comment